Article Submission Guidelines for Healthwatch News
If you have anything health & social care related that you feel people will be interested in, please get in contact. This could include a new service you are offering, an event you are hosting or a story of somebody connected to your service. The following are a few guidelines for you to follow to enable us to include your article in the Community News section of our newsletter:
- Articles should be around 100 words. Please note that if your article is longer than 100 words, it may be edited down to fit.
- Please write your article in the third person (avoid using the words, “we”, “us” or “ours” and instead use words like, “they”, “them” and “their” - refer to your organisation by name rather than the first person, “we”).
- Please make sure your article is news, not just an advert for your service.
- If your article has a lot of bullet points, you will need to reduce the word count. Please avoid using bullet points when possible.
- Please include a photograph for your article if possible.
We currently have a circulation of 1000 paper copies plus a digital distribution list and send our newsletter to GP practices, dentists, community centres etc.
- Wednesday 10th June (Summer Edition - July, August, September)
- Friday 14th August 2015 (Autumn Edition - October, November, December) - Any festive events should be sent for this edition
- Friday 11th December 2015 (Winter Edition - January, February, March)
- Friday 11th March 2016 (Spring Edition - April, May, June)
Forward on your submissions to email@example.com.