What is YouthWatch Stockport?
YouthWatch Stockport is made up of youth volunteers aged 14-25. It sits within Healthwatch Stockport but is led and organised by young people.
It is driven by the ideas, experiences and views of young people wanting to improve rights and wellbeing in health and social care for their peer groups. YouthWatch will connect with other youth groups, schools and organisations to gather views of young people, they can be as creative as they like – run competitions, make videos, set up a YouTube Channel - the possibilities are endless!
Being a part of YouthWatch Stockport is your chance to make health and social care better for young people in Stockport.
What YouthWatch Stockport can offer you?
YouthWatch Stockport can
- provide you with a platform to voice your opinions and views
- help you find like-minded people and make new friends
- provide an opportunity to build something different and make a difference
- help you build a network of contacts in health and social care
- support you to gain the real life skills and work experience
- help build up your CV ready for your next job role
- provide training that will help broaden your skills and become a YouthWatch champion
Your role in this?
Help us shape future health and social care services – make them better for your generation.
- Bring your skills and enthusiasm to the table
- Bring your experience of a health condition or accessing services
- Design the YouthWatch website page
- Promote and run YouthWatch social media platforms
- Provide a hands on approach, conducting surveys and attending events
Why should you get involved?
— Eleanor, YouthWatch volunteer
How to get involved?
To register interest or for more information in becoming part of YouthWatch Stockport team, please email email@example.com or fill out a form below.