What is the Prevention and Personalisation Service (PPS)?
The Prevention& Personalisation Service has been specifically designed to support people who are or have recently been supported by the community mental health teams in Stockport. The service offers continuing support upon or following your discharge (moving on) from these services.
They offer a personalised approach which is directed by you.
What Services do they offer?
The team offers free face to face facilitation and support either at your home or a place of your choosing, to pave the way to improve your wellbeing.
The PPS team will support you to identify and achieve your goals which may include;
- Mental Wellbeing - reduce anxiety, stress
- Community Participation & Leisure - join a new group
- Social networks - make new friends
- Physical Health - improve your physical health
- Education and Training - develop new skills and knowledge
- Volunteering - giving your time to help others
- Employment - consider work opportunities
- Finances - support with benefits and managing money
This service offers a twice weekly drop-in facility at;
Disability Stockport, 23 High Street, Stockport SK1 1EG
Every Wednesday at 1pm until 3pm & every Friday at 10am until 12pm
Peer support and one to one discussions take place.