Knowing how to make a complaint

Making a complaint can be a daunting task, so knowing who you can complain to and what to do is essential. 

We can help you. We've worked with Healthwatch England to produce straightforward advice will guide you through the process from knowing who to talk to, top tips on what to do and what you can expect from services in response. 

Read our complaints advice

Stockport Advocacy

Every area of England has an independent NHS complaints advocacy service funded by the local authority. In Stockport we have Stockport Advocacy.

They can help you make a complaint about an NHS service or work out what you want to achieve from a complaint. It can be helpful to talk through the complaint with an independent professional to ensure that you are prepared for the process. This can sometimes be stressful, upsetting, take a long time, and either prolong your grief or slow down your recovery.

An advocate will not try to persuade you to take any particular course of action and will always respect your decisions.

The service is free of charge and open to everyone. Advocacy providers can help you write letters, prepare for meetings and accompany you to a meeting if needed.

Visit their website             Download their complaints procedure

Patient Advice Liaison Service 

You can talk to PALS who provide confidential advice and support to patients, families and their carers, and can provide information on the NHS and health related matters.

If you have any concerns about treatment or care, we recommend that, in the first instance, these are communicated to the person in charge of the ward or department.
If you feel your concern has not been dealt with sufficiently, then contact the Patient and Customer Services team (PCS).

Contact them on 

0161 419 5678