Hello, my name is Shirley Hamlett and as a new staff member of the Healthwatch Stockport I would like to tell you a little bit about myself.
After working for the NHS for 21 years I retired in May of this year. One week into my very short retirement I began my new role with Healthwatch Stockport as Research Information Officer.
In my previous role as Community Engagement Officer for the NHS I regularly attended community events and meetings often working alongside my new Healthwatch colleagues Maria, Liam, Claire, Maqbul and Michelle. Being aware of the great work that Healthwatch undertake to support local people is one of the reasons I was keen to work with them.
As I now work part time this means I have time to; see more of my grandson, go walking with friends, do work on my new house.
I have been asked to give a few fun facts about myself, so here goes!
- Yellow is my favourite colour
- I support Liverpool Football Club
- I have two children, one son, one daughter and one gorgeous grandson Theo
- I live in Denton
- The last three people I have seen in concert are, James Arthur, Paloma Faith and Barry Manilow!
- I enjoy running
- I love food, fish being my favourite